Call the IMS office today at 256-536-2401 for tickets!!
50 million Americans struggle to put food on the table. The number of Americans at risk has increased from 36.2 million in 2007 to 50.1 million in 2011. Hunger is not caused by scarcity of food, but poverty.
WHAT CAN WE DO?
Find Out at the Screening of the movie:
Pot luck dinner at 6:00
Movie at 7:00
Sponsored by Alabama Arise, Interfaith Mission Service, NE District of the United Methodist Church, and New Future Homeless Shelter.
For Questions contact Rev. Dale Clem, firstname.lastname@example.org, Pastor of Monte Sano UMC,Read More
Tonight from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. At UAH Shelby Center, 1st Floor Auditorium, Room SC 109.
The framework/topics for the forum:
- As persons of faith, what are our roles and responsibilities as citizens? Or how are our roles and responsibilities impacted by our faith?
- What does separation of church and state mean?
- Was the American Constitution derived from the Holy Bible as many believe?
- If so, what are the implications?
- If not, what are the implications?
- What is our responsibility to help ensure that the laws and policies passed by our city, state and federal government are just?
- Voter ID Laws
- Voter Registration and Suppression
- What are the impacts of newly passed laws in Alabama on the 2014 elections?
- Immigration Laws – Supreme Court Ruling
- Restoring rights to those convicted of a felony
- HCS Desegregation Order / School Unification
- Gun Laws
The panelists include:
Limestone Political Action Committee of NAACP - J. Curtis Turner
Madison Co. Republican Party, Executive Committee – George Barry
Madison Co. Democratic Party, Chair – Clete Wetli
WEUP Talk & Columnist – David Person
GHIMF Social Action Chair - Rev. Clarence Johnson
5th District Candidate – Charlie Holley
Madison Co. District 6th Commissioner – Bob Harrison