|When:||Back to Calendar » July 2, 2012 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm||Where:||UAH Shelby Center, 1st Floor Auditorium, Room SC 109
301 Sparkman Dr NW
|✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
|Categories:||Social Justice _Events|
The framework/topics for the forum:
- As persons of faith, what are our roles and responsibilities as citizens? Or how are our roles and responsibilities impacted by our faith?
- What does separation of church and state mean?
- Was the American Constitution derived from the Holy Bible as many believe?
- If so, what are the implications?
- If not, what are the implications?
- What is our responsibility to help ensure that the laws and policies passed by our city, state and federal government are just?
- Voter ID Laws
- Voter Registration and Suppression
- What are the impacts of newly passed laws in Alabama on the 2014 elections?
- Immigration Laws – Supreme Court Ruling
- Restoring rights to those convicted of a felony
- HCS Desegregation Order / School Unification
- Gun Laws
The panelists include:
Limestone Political Action Committee of NAACP - J. Curtis Turner
Madison Co. Republican Party, Executive Committee – George Barry
Madison Co. Democratic Party, Chair – Clete Wetli
WEUP Talk & Columnist – David Person
GHIMF Social Action Chair - Rev. Clarence Johnson
5th District Candidate – Charlie Holley
Madison Co. District 6th Commissioner – Bob Harrison