The Climate Crisis activism and conversation continues to grow. How can the interfaith community do it’s part in Huntsville. Below are a few activities happening around the world.
- The IPCC prepares comprehensive Assessment Reports about knowledge on climate change, its causes, potential impacts and response options. The IPCC also produces Special Reports, which are an assessment on a specific issue and Methodology Reports, which provide practical guidelines for the preparation of greenhouse gas inventories. Click here for more information.
- 15 year old Greta Thunberg started the school strike movement, which continues to grow with amazing effectiveness. Click here for more information.
Global Climate Strike – Sept 20-27
- This September, millions of us will walk out of our workplaces and homes to join young climate strikers on the streets and demand an end to the age of fossil fuels.
- Our house is on fire — let’s act like it. We demand climate justice for everyone. Visit the website here.
Artists Unite for a Green New Deal — Summer Call Series
- Join us for “Artists Unite for a Green New Deal”—a summer call series for anyone looking to get informed, inspired, connected, and engaged.
- The Green New Deal is an ambitious proposal that flips our fear of climate change on its head—a proposal rooted in a broad vision of social, economic, and racial equity that turns this emergency in to an opportunity to revitalize our own society and infrastructure, build the foundation of true sustainability, and address longstanding inequalities.
- As artists and cultural workers, we know it’s our job to envision the better world we know is possible—and to invite others to help bring it into being. Join the USDAC for a three-part series of calls with artists, organizers, and thinkers to unpack the policy and science behind a Green New Deal, and to co-create cultural strategy for climate justice. Visit the website here.
Rising Tide Calls for Climate Action
- Time is running out. The climate crisis is at our doorstep. Communities around the world are already being battered by the earliest effects of the changing climate–superstorms, floods, wildfires and droughts. And still not moving any closer to actualizing the dramatic transformation of our energy systems and economy that we all know are needed to mitigate the worst effects of climate change. Visit the website here.
- (abbreviated as XR) is a socio-political movement with the stated aim of using civil disobedience and nonviolent resistance to protest against climate breakdown, biodiversity loss, and the risk of social and ecological collapse. Click here for more information.